Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm Back!

New Year's resolutions and all that! I plan on doing better at keeping you all up to date on the happenings here... So you can stop nagging (you know who you are!)

2010 was good to the Bates Family. I won't bore you with all the details... just the cliff notes.



JANUARY

We hit our 7 year mark! My Rock, my Pillow, my Spider Killer! I love you.


Michael (aka: the rocket launcher)
Zach (aka: the rocket)
The bunk bed (aka: the launching pad)
Do the math:

The resulting moustache scab lasted 3 months.

Daniel turned 3:

John made me wish for more babies:


FEBRUARY
They all make me want more babies... Can the world handle more Bates Boys?



MARCH

Michael climbed to the very top and rang the bell!



APRIL
Easter:


Digging begins:



John turns 1:

MAY

Drew and I sneak away for an overnight date (SWEET!) and climb Timpanogus:


Michael "graduates" Kindergarten, and we cry over leaving the best teacher he will ever have:


Not to brag... but he got the award for being the one who was always doing the right thing! I'm beaming!

JUNE
We prepare to move here:

Fathers and Sons campout... maybe my favorite day of the year:

We say goodbye:
JULY

Don't ask me:

Finally, enough room to stretch our legs:
Fireworks at Liberty Park:

AUGUST
Zach turns 5!

We soak up the last of the summer sun:

New school:

SEPTEMBER
Lizard hunting in the backyard:

OCTOBER

Handyman's birthday:
For HIS birthday he built ME a bench!

Drew's best bud Alex comes for a much overdue visit:
And we welcome Rocks (the cat) to the family.

Michael turns 7:

NOVEMBER

Why is he so cute?!

Thanksgiving at our house:

DECEMBER
Grandma Jan comes for a visit:
We chop down a monster "tree" for Christmas:
The End. We had a great Christmas, but the proof is still on the camera. Use your imagination!

4 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

Oooh ooh! That's me... I totally bugged you. I'm way excited that you finally posted. And I'm definitely holding you to your new year's resolution. Cute pictures.. and cute family! Love ya.

Doug and Steph said...

How cute! It's so good to see an update on how you are doing! We miss you but know that you are loving your new house! The girls still have crushes on your handsome boys :)

Grandmajan said...

So many smiles are shared when you post.... thank you. Love ya, Jan

Bates Blogger said...

Yay for blogging again!!