Friday, June 4, 2010

Edward Scissor-Hands Strikes Again!

Grrr!

Do your kids ever do something that makes you want to scream, laugh, and cry all at the same time? Or...is that just the definition of raising a boy?

I have this thing about baby hair...I might need to lie down on a couch here, so feel free to grab a pencil and a steno pad and mumble, "Hmmm..."

We can all remember the tragic events of 2004, when my "loving" brother ripped my baby from my arms and shaved his tiny little head in front of my eyes...exaggerating? No...well...a little. That night I cried into my pillow for hours because my baby was growing up. I was a little traumatized and I wish THAT was an exaggeration. There is just something kind of awesome about the wispy duck fuzz on top of a baby's head. And once it's gone...well, you might as well pack his bags and ship him off to college, because he's practically there already!

Anyway, back to the relevant events of this post:

Yesterday I was a tad distracted with packing (maybe a lot distracted) and left the boys to play upstairs. Things were going a little too well and I was a little TOO focused to notice that the house was deathly quiet (never a good sign with 4 boys on the prowl).

Then came the stampede.

"Mom! Michael cut his hair!"
"No, I didn't!"
"With the green scissors!"
"He's lying!"

And on and on!

When the smoke cleared I was left with two little boys that looked like they leaned a little too close to the weed wacker!

In my defense I was only momentarily shaken and had the presence of mind to snap a couple of pics. John got a stylish V cut in the front.


You can't really see it, but Michael cut off all his bangs, right down to the nubs!

Do you like the dazed look on his face? I told him to think of his favorite thing. He went to his happy place and when I asked him afterward what he was thinking about he said it was Spencer's Star Wars Legos!

My morning will now be spent buzzing the duck fuzz!

5 comments:

Grandmajan said...

They don't look too bad right now.. But the fun part :) is while it grows out. What a 'lovely' way to impress the folks in Grantsville.

It makes me smile remembering when my fellas did the same thing. Chris looked like Alfred E Newman for a while.

Love you for being such a good sport.

Stacy Brady said...

Oh no!! I'd probably cry about John's hair... he's just so young. I just cut Jay's hair today too and I miss it. It makes him look too old. Oh how sad.

Doug and Steph said...

Oh man im just waiting for gavin to do that...he scares me! Please let your boys come play while you pack! We would love to have them over...I promise I will keep the princess dresses put away :)

Bates Blogger said...

They are so cute! Just so you know, girls aren't much better. In fact, Anna has been way more destructive than her brothers :)

Stacy Brady said...

4 months... are you aware that is what my blog reader says under your blog title?... And are you aware that means that you haven't posted in that long? I miss you. Jay misses pictures of your children. And the whole world is mourning the lack of current information about your family. You've got at least 3 birthdays to blog about. Get on it Sister.

Just kidding.. kind of. Love you!