Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Because I should be cleaning...

My house is messy, my boys are covered in peanut butter, and I am tired... So I'm sitting here blogging instead of getting busy. I think I have about 5 minutes before the peanut butter starts to migrate to the walls and door knobs.



Yesterday was my 31st birthday! I know, I'm old. We stayed up late the night before, and so by the time our heads hit the pillow it was well after midnight. Drew wished me Happy Birthday, and we sleepily pulled out the scriptures to read where we had left off the night before. This was the first sentence that I read..."And thus ended the thirtieth year..." Get it, thus ENDED the 30th year?! Ha, ha , okay, I realize that I'm the only one that finds that coincidence funny.



(*Ahem*) Anyway, the next morning I woke up to a bright shiny new mountain bike waiting for me in the living room: Pretty, huh? And just begging to be taken out on the open road, or really secluded path, since I'm sort of shy that way! So I took a nice long ride all by myself and came home to a clean house!



It was my day to teach Michael's class and of course, my lovely son informed everyone that it was his mommy's 31st birthday (the kid has no shame!) so a classroom full of 6 year olds sang "Happy Birthday" to me while I was holding a styrofoam cake and wearing giant cake shaped glasses! That night Drew baked me a pretty cake and made burgers, while I sat on the couch and watched him. Then we put the kids to bed and watched LOST, because we are obsessed like that! All in all, a pretty awsome day.







6 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

Yay!!! Now we can go biking when you're here in the fall. Woo hoo! Happy Birthday. I hope you got my message. Jay has never said happy birthday to anyone before so you should feel very special. And I find the whole "30th year" thing hilarious. Isn't Heavenly Father funny sometimes?

Bates Blogger said...

Wow, Andy made that cake all by himself? Impressive!! I'm glad you had a great birthday. And we're obsessed with Lost too. I will mourn when it is over.

Grandmajan said...

You guys are just adorable. I love the way you take care of each other. It makes me so-o happy.

Love you. Jan

Doug and Steph said...

Wow it sounds like you had a great day! I LOVE the cake. You are not old... :)

Doug and Steph said...

Amy! I was feeling old for a couple day's and then started working out so I can feel younger :) I told Doug when I turn 30 I will need to be in a hospital bed just incase I have a heartattack...But it seems like everyone makes it through ok?!

Stacy Brady said...

Hey Amy... what's with the lack of blog love lately?! Your comments are always my favorite and I haven't seen any of them in a while. Okay I'm sure your busy with your four boys, your calling, and packing up your entire life, but really is that an excuse? I'm waiting. Oh and I love you.