Friday, January 21, 2011

Tom and Jerry

Okay, I know the only person that likes a cat is the person that owns it. I have hated all cats for a long time, and swore I would never own one. And Drew... he REALLY HATES cats.
I mean Took-his-sister's-cat-out-to-the-woods-and-left-it HATES.
But, with all the vole and mouse horror stories you hear living in the country, I converted to the idea pretty fast. So fast Drew couldn't really react when I told him "we" were getting one.
The threat of a germy little mouse crawling through my pantry cupboards sent me racing to the store to pick up the first rat-killer I could find. But when I got there I saw this little white and grey ball of fluff and forgot my purpose all together. He was so cute that Drew has to pretend to hate him!
Meet Rocks:
In this story we will call him Tom.
And Jerry...not a reference to his cute little ears!

Most of the time they love each other....

a lot!

They wrestle and play...

and snuggle...

but John loves to pick on Rocks.
Before...
After...
And Rocks fights back. When we first got him a few months ago he would wait until John was asleep and sneak onto his bed. I would find him in there sitting so still just watching John. Then out of nowhere he would pounce on John and run and hide!
I realize that as a mom I should be horrified by that, but there is a part of me (maybe a very LARGE part) that takes pleasure in the fact that my little terminator has a rival just as devious as he is!
We love Rocks in this house. He is one-of-a-kind. He thinks he is a dog. He begs for food, is overly affectionate, and plays fetch:
He waits for me to throw his toy.

Then he races at top speed to grab it and bring it back
(obviously!)
Ugh! Never thought I was the pet gushing type... I promise this is the last post of it's kind...
Well...
until the boys beat us down enough...
and we get a dog...

2 comments:

Grandmajan said...

I never thought you guys would own a cat. Never.

Rocks really is a cool cat. I thought he would "belong" to Zack; so it is fun to see the relationship with John.

Stacy Brady said...

I'm here to call you to repentance on blog updating. It is much more permanent than facebook. Finley deserves her place on your blog! We want pictures. We want pictures!