Thursday, May 28, 2009

Long Weekend Fun

Okay, I know my posts tend to be overloaded with pictures and a little light on the text, so this was going to be my attemt to swing the other way.... but then I got looking at pictures from the holiday weekend and, well...what can I say, I have cute kids! John has passed the one month mark and is growing and changing so much. He smiles now, which is so much fun. He loves to stare at his older brothers. Just hearing one of thier voices makes him stop crying. He loves his baby swing and the vibrating function on his bouncer. Overall he is a pretty laid back kid (like his daddy) unless he is hungry, and then watch out!

We decided to spend the weekend out enjoying the sunshine. We headed up the canyon on Saturday to see the Temple Quarry Trail. Again, a good one for us because it was very stroller friendly.
This is the spot where the church cut granite blocks out of the mountain and hauled them down to build the Salt Lake Temple. Pretty amazing concidering that spot is up the canyon on 94th South. That's a long way to pull a rock!!

The veiw was breathtaking. We were surrounded by tall jagged mountains and rushing waterfalls. The boys, however, were more interested in the wildlife...or really the bugs. Beatles and bees were everywhere. Inchworms were hanging from trees by long silk threads all over the trail. You couldn't see them until you walked smack into them. We had hundreds of hitchhikers.
There were huge bolders all along the way for the boys to climb on. I wasn't too thrilled about this one because on the other side it overlooked the roaring river. Drew was snapping pictures and I was waving my arms and yelling not to move any higher. We looked ridiculous!


Then, on Monday, we decided to walk the Jordan River Trail and play at the parks along the way.




Throwing rocks in the water was a big hit, and... we had to look for more bugs.
This was the catch of the day. Michael was pretty proud of himself and had to stop anyone we passed to show-and-tell. I was public enemy #1, because I informed him there was NO way this bug was living in our house! I have a strict catch and release policy when it comes to creepy crawlies! Luckily he forgave me when he found 2 potato bugs on our front porch!

3 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

Oh I'm so excited to see you guys soon! I'm very impressed by the photo skills by the way. I don't know if those were Drew or you but the jungle gym pictures were pretty sweet. And I actually like posts with more pictures so don't worry about that. Love you.

Grandmajan said...

I love your blog = your comments provide context and the photos are almost as good as being there.

John is beautiful!

Bates Blogger said...

Fun fun! We'll be there in August -- we just booked our flight -- can't wait to see you!