Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He's finally here!

We welcomed 10 lb 22 inch baby John Maxwell into the world April 22 at 1:13 am. The Dr was concerned about a few things, so they had the NICU nurses in our room for the delivery. I don't think those nurses were used to handling a baby as big as John. They all just kept saying, "He's so big. He's so BIG!"
His head, measuring at a whopping 37 cm, was bigger than the tape measure!
Here's the proof... 10 lbs!
Okay, don't judge... I just gave birth to a TANK!
The boys were thrilled to meet thier new brother.

Thank goodness Grandma Goostrey was there. My water broke at home and three hours later John was out! We would have been in big trouble without my mom coming down from Boise a week early to help out.

I think Daniel likes the idea that he is no longer the little guy in the house. He is constantly asking to hold John. And everytime I turn around he is snuggling up to the baby and piling his favorite blankets and toys on his baby bro.

Another picture of a very tired mommy!
Awww, so cute!
Does it get any better than this?

3 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

CUTE!! Yeah! I was going to call and yell at you for not posting pictures of him sooner. Those are some awesome pictures you got at the hospital too... especially all the nurses around him. That's cool. And you looked great for just having a baby! As for your comment on my blog: spaz... really?! How about delightfully witty?! I prefer that. Joe read it, looked at me and said, "Weirdo." Such support from the ones I love!

Bates Blogger said...

John is beautiful and you look great! Congratulations!!

Teann said...

Way to go on a 10 pounder!! I agree, the doctors and nurses are always in shock when one comes out so big (Blaine was 10 lbs too). And thank goodness for our mothers!! Take it easy, would you? :)