Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Prophet's Hippo

Michael recieved a new (well, used, really) set of scriptures from a friend of ours, Bro. Northey. He is such a sweet man, I wish I had a picture. Bro. Northey has become almost a fill in grandpa to our boys and when He got a large print set (because he said he was getting too old and blind for the regular size one) he passed his old ones down to Michael.

Michael spent the whole afternoon today flipping through the pages. He came to me after an hour or so and said, wide-eyed, "Mom, did you know the prophets had hippos?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. You never know what will come out of that kid's mouth!

"Well, they lived in Hippos." I was only getting more confused.

"LOOK," he said, shoving the map section of his heavy quad in my face..."Hippos."

I squinted down, and sure enough...there are hippos in the Bible...shows how biblically uneducated I am!

2 comments:

Grandmajan said...

You are raising a Bible scholar :) John the Baptist spent time in the wilderness. I just don't think he could run to Walmart to buy such attractive, oversize shorts. Thanks for sharing the family fun.

GayeGaye said...

I am always taken back by how beautiful your kids are! Four boys though, OH that energy!!!!!!!!!!! You must come East next year!