Monday, February 23, 2009

Wuv...twoo wuv...

We started our red and pink adventures a few days early by making buggy flower valentines for all the boys' friends.

Pretty spectacular, right? If you can't tell, they are dragonflys landing on flowers. I think we made 20, but a few of them died before delivery!
Michael felt like his dragonflys needed mohawks and scary teeth! We did drive by deliveries on the 13th, and the boys ran door to door knocking and ringing bells like they were the police or something. I'm sure we made a lot of mommies happy since we were out around nap time, and I don't think anybody could have slept through the banging!
Valentine's Day was a pretty special day. We got to go through the open house of the Draper temple at 9:00 am. We were running late (there is no hurrying a busy toddler early in the morning!) and there was a pretty good snow storm as we headed out the door. Drew is a very careful driver, but we came close to crashing a couple of times. I just kept thinking, "I can't lose my temper on the way to the temple!" So I bit my tounge and we all made it in one piece.
The tour started with a video at a nearby church, and then a bus ride up to the temple.
I wish I could say these beaming faces were smiling at thier first glimpse of the temple, but no, they were thrilled by the TVs mounted on the ceiling of the bus! Thankfully, the TVs were not on, or I don't think the boys would have gotten off the bus!
Sadly, this is the only shot of the temple I got as we rounded a quick corner. When we got off the bus they had set up these white tent tunnels (for the weather I'm assuming) that led up to the doors, so there were no good spots to take a pic....
except in the tunnel.
Deep breath...It's just one puffy faced prego picture, it's not going to kill me!
After the tour was over and we were loaded back in the car headed home, I turned in my seat to ask what thier favorite part of the tour was. I had grand visions of answers like the mirrors in the sealing room, or the chandelier in the celestial room. But no, all 3 boys agreed, it was the room where they got the cookies and little bottles of water at the end!
It was pretty awsome, though, on the day that the world celebrates love to focus on the love that really lasts. I feel so blessed to have this little family of mine and to know that they can be mine forever. On the day when everyone gets candy hearts and paper poems, we got to stand in front of those double mirrors, like the ones we saw 6 years ago, and see our reflections go on forever. Only this time with 3 little boys and a big round belly! Definitely the best Valentine's Day so far!
And of course I got a good helping of the candy hearts and flowers myself!

4 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

Way to go on a good pregnancy picture! Honestly I don't think I will ever show anyone the pictures I have of myself while I was pregnant but you look great! I'm so stoked to see you guys in two days!!! Yeah!

Stacy Brady said...

Oh and you are going to think that I'm such a dits but I didn't get your title until just barely. I was like "What's two love mean?" It's late...

Grandmajan said...

What a cool way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Your family is so lucky to have such a cool mom to plan days like this one!

Bates Blogger said...

What great v-day crafts! Cute idea. And it's so nice you got to tour the temple together. I'm sure the older boys will remember it. And Amy, you look beautiful.